Monday, July 17, 2017

GATSBY STYLE

Hello everyone, Welcome & thanks for visiting,
 I am delighted to be Guest Designer  on 
COUTURE CREATIONS
I am working with the new RITZ COLLECTION  
'GATSBY' pad, stamps & dies,
the 1920's is a favourite era of mine so I was drawn to the Art Deco designs by Sue Smyth 
My first sample is titled:  
PARTY TIME 

I found this image & decided to highlight the mask with a real peacock feather, 
enhancing the colour with flowers of a matching shade
I used the die which I then halved to add either side of the picture

Old gold flowers mixed with the peacock colour, cut a circle to fill a metal embellishment 
on which a hand made gold tassel hangs 
fussy cut the party time title, champagne bottle & glass 
there are many raised layers all mounted on black to emphasize the angular lines 

I really got into the mood of the era & continued to play, 
I wanted to show how wonderful wedding photos could look on range, 
it really is so versatile. 
CELEBRATION
The bride is mounted onto a frame of gold & raised on foam tape 


A dull green lace banner heads above the photos & using metals to highlight the garland , I added shades of grey green & gold with a deep citrus green roses which are nestled on a base of silver grey organza petals for softness, the metal oval has paper & gold pearls there are bright gold leaves tucked into each side.
 more roses & metals either side of the title .

I hope I have inspired you to create with this great range.
Happy Scrapping 
Annette 
PRODUCTS USED:
Ultimate crafts 12 x 12  paper pad  ULT 157826
Ultimate Crafts A4 Vellum Gold Foil paper ULT 157 832
Ultimate crafts Feathered Background die ULT 157867
Ultimate Crafts pearls ULT 157655


No comments:

Post a Comment